Thursday, February 26, 2009

Bakugan au combat!

Until a few months ago, I had never heard of Bakugan. Which means I am either tragically unhip or I am past puberty.

As far as I can tell, Bakugan is marbles and Pokemon combined (although I can't say for sure since I still don't even know what Pokemon is).

Bakugan is a big deal at my son's school, so we got him a set of three for Christmas. Because I wanted to be a cool dad for him, I tried reading the game rules. I've read them twice now, and they still make little sense to me. So I went to YouTube to see if they had anything. That's when I lost all interest.

Still, I think it's cool that adolescents are creating and uploading their own instructional videos to the web. I tried to find instructional videos on how to play Tag, Simon Says, and Cowboys and Indians. Unsuccessful. But I did find nice guides on how to play hopscotch and paper, rock, scissors.


No comments: