Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Clearing Out iEverything

I've been a little frustrated with the memory of my computer at work. It's a G5, loaded up with the latest Adobe Creative Suite, as well as the previous version (neither of which I need as a copywriter), and after I loaded a scant 100 albums from iTunes, I was left with only 2 GB.

For the last two months, I've been managing the memory on my hard drive by pulling off albums I wasn't using and deleting podcasts I wasn't getting around to watching, including most of the Democratic and Republican National Conventions.

This morning, it occurred to me to log on as the freelance art director who had this computer before me and see what he had on his desktop. In short, about 50 albums on iTunes, a couple of iMovie projects on an iDVD template, and almost 1000 pics on iPhoto.

Deleted them all. And I'm cruising with 119.36 GB right now. I'm loving the new Genius playlist feature on iTunes, and I'm pulling some old albums off my iDisk and taking them for a spin. 

Side note: Even though I missed most of the Democratic and Republican conventions, I made a point of watching Palin's and Obama's addresses. But neither one compared to this:

No comments: