Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Carouge

Most cities have their cool, artsy neighborhood. New York has SoHo. Chicago has Bucktown. Richmond, Virginia has Cary Street. (I guess Texas has Austin, but that's on a macro level.) Well in Geneva, it's Carouge.




It feels a bit older, but also a lot hipper. Most of the shops are art galleries or designer furniture boutiques. I wasn't too surprised strolling through Carouge to discover Saatchi & Saatchi's Geneva office. It's the yellow building on the far left...


Here's Saatchi from the other angle...

I'm not complaining. I like having an office a couple blocks from the lake, and being able to see the Jet d'Eau whenever I'm in my CEO's office. But when I'm working on my own outside the office, it's usually on a park bench somewhere in Carouge.

Out of curiosity, what's the Carouge of your city?

1 comment:

Steven Greimann and Diane Kappa said...

Jewish Quarter of Budapest (Pest side).