Thursday, April 16, 2009

Daily Affirmations

I make a practice of writing daily affirmations. Yeah, it’s a little Tony Robbins meets Stuart Smalley, but the practice keeps me focused. (I began doing this when I read what Dilbert creator and super skeptic Scott Adams had to say about it.)

Anyway, one phrase that I’ve been writing since the beginning of the year is this: "My work will be acknowledged by both our London and New York HQs."

Last week, that happened. Less than four months after I started writing the phrase daily.

A month ago, there was a global assignment that was open to several offices in our network. My creative director passed the brief along to my partner and me, and we sent a couple of ideas off to London. We recently received an email that our Global CD in New York selected five ideas to sell to the client: Two from Paris, two from Dubai, and one of ours. (I’d post the piece, but it hasn’t been sold yet, and I don’t want to jinx it.)

So, I’m not trying to brag. I’m just saying that daily affirmations work for me. Because I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me!

No comments: