Friday, January 2, 2009

Alien Food

I went grocery shopping during the holidays and found this in the produce section...

I've watched a lot of Iron Chef shows, but I'd never seen something like this. It kind of has a Fibonacci thing going on, and looks like the diagrams of Chaos Theory between chapters of Jurassic Park.

Obviously, I had to buy it.

Turns out it's called portuguese cauliflower, and tastes just like any other cauliflower I've ever had. Just much more geometrical. We've bought some more since. Our kids call it "alien food."

There are a lot of things in the produce department I've never seen before. I'll pick up a few more next time I'm out and do some posts on them.

1 comment:

4lakedames said...

yum! i would love to do an art project with that stuff...maybe use it as a brain!