Thursday, September 3, 2009

Tooth Fairy vs. The Little Mouse

My daughter just lost her first baby tooth. Because we are US citizens, the Tooth Fairy visits us. But in France and the Suisse-Romand area, it's "the Little Mouse" that exchanges coins for teeth. Frankly, that creeps me out.

We tend to give more in Swiss francs than we ever did in US dollars. We'd never give any of our children a $5 bill for a tooth, but when our son lost his tooth and the only coin we had on hand that night was a 5 franc piece, it didn't seem extravagant. Geneva's an expensive city, baby teeth included.

1 comment:

Chantal said...

I always find I spend more in CH because if it's a coin it can't be worth that much...and the darn 5 is so heavy you just can't wait to get rid of it. Somehow I think the Swiss knew this when they designed the thing.