Monday, September 14, 2009

Internet down

Our office was without internet connection for two days. In fact, our agency's entire European network was down. It was interesting to see the reactions.


Some people were freaking out. How could they check email? Or their calendars? Or the news? Thank goodness for iPhones and Blackberries.


When my partner and I were talking, we kept turning to our computers to Google whatever we were discussing, only to realize we'd have to continue the discussion without visual aids. He was describing the a kind of fish he caught, and went to show me what it was like on Google images. Horror of horrors, he actually had to use words to describe it to me. He may as well have used the burnt end of a stick to sketch it on the cave wall.


Personally, I loved the break.

1 comment:

pcskiboy said...

2 days? In the US the IT guy would be fired for sure.