Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ah! Gerard Depardieu!

Even though the Geneva office operates in English, I've been trying to brush up on my French. I took two years in high school, but there were a lot of cheerleaders in my classes, so vocabulary wasn't really the focus of my attention.

I've listened to an 8-disc Michel Thomas course from the public library twice. And I play a lot of My French Coach on my Nintendo DS. I feel like I'm making progress. But that may be delusional. When I saw this clip from Flight of the Conchords, I thought, "Yep. That's me. Foux de fafa."

3 comments:

Jeremy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeremy said...

I luv Brett & Jermaine.

Hope the family settles in well in Switzerland. Say "hi" to any Glausers (my mom's maiden name) you might run into over there in the homeland.

Restless Dad said...

I had 6 years of French before my mission and when I landed in Paris, I spoke like a 3 year old. Not to discourage you but I am confident the Swiss will treat you way better than the French treated me. Bonne chance!