I could just as easily make a list of reasons I'm glad to be leaving Europe. But in the spirit of optimism and premature nostalgia, here are the top 10 things I've loved about the last two years:
1. Our friends and our kids' friends.
2. Still seeing snow on the mountains in August.
3. Eating chicken and fries at Chez Ma Cousine (my Potbelly's of Geneva).
4. Pain au chocolate
5. Seeing the Jett d'Eau on my way to work.
6. Being within driving distance of Paris and Milan.
8. Four weeks of paid vacation.